Friday, March 11, 2011

What a difference a year makes

Today I ran two slow miles since I still have achy feet! Mile number two always seems to be the "magic mile" for me, meaning, when I run I am usually miserable for the first two miles and then it's like a flip is switched and I get in the zone and love it. Of course, on long runs I always fall out of the zone but usually can get back in to it around the nine mile mark.

Anyway, this week my friends and I celebrated Mardi Gras just like we did last year and it got me thinking about how much running has helped me lose weight. Mardi Gras was a bit later this year so I have a picture from me celebrating Mardi Gras in 2010 and a photo of me from March 1, 2011.

First up on the left, Mardi Gras in 2010. Believe it or not I had already lost about 20 pounds and had been running since the fall (not hard core but enough):
March 1, 2011 at dinner before Lady Gaga (AWESOME concert, by the way!) on the right. I'm still not where I would like to be but at least I have a waist now - that's progress!!

No comments:

Post a Comment